University of Ibadan (UI) Notice to Graduands on 2018 graduation and 70th foundation day ceremonies.
The management of the University of Ibadan (UI) congratulates graduands on the successful completion of their course in the University. Graduation is a very important aspect of your life. Therefore, please read this notice very carefully:
UI Notice to Graduands.
1. Each Graduand is expected to collect his/her academic outfit before the day of the Ceremony, after presenting the receipt of payment of school fees containing the appropriate Convocation levy for Diploma/Certificate, First Degree and Higher Degree as well as a separate receipt of
N 1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira Only) for the University of Ibadan Alumni Association (UIAA) membership levy. The levy of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira Only) must be paid to the Alumni Office.
2. All Graduands are expected to pay a refundable deposit of N500.00 (Five Hundred Naira Only) to their respective Faculty Officers (First Degree) or Deputy Registrar/Secretary, The Postgraduate College (Higher Degrees) for the academic outfits.
3. Academic outfits, Invitation Cards, Notices and Order of Proceedings (OOP) will be issued on the presentation of appropriate receipts, at the Graduands’ respective Faculties.
Academic outfits should be returned immediately after the Ceremony. Failure to do so will attract a Surcharge of
N100.00 (One Hundred Naira only) per day.
5. Graduands who fail to pay the UIAA levy and also fail to return the academic outfit will have their certificates withheld until they fulfill the above requirements.
6. Graduands are advised to be properly dressed, robed and seated not later than 8.30 a.m. on each day. The assistance of Faculty Officers or Deputy Registrar/Secretary (The Postgraduate College) should be sought to ensure that the hood and cap are properly worn. The tassel (cord) of the cap should be worn to the right.
Graduands will not be allowed into the convocation hall once the procession has commenced.
First Degree Graduands are to move the tassels of their caps from the right to the left, at a point in time during the Ceremony, after the Vice-Chancellor declares: “I admit you all”. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of the University of Ibadan. Higher Degree recipients should wear their tassels to the left since they are already First Degree Holders.
7. Female Graduands are expected to show courtesy when they shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor, while male Graduands would bow, but should not remove their caps.
GRADUANDS ARE TO PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY FOR COMPLIANCE:
8. Graduands shall move in a Procession at 8.15 a.m. into the International Conference Centre on 12, 13, 14, 15, and 17 November, 2018.
9. Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated in the section provided for them in the Hall.
10. Unauthorised movements and taking of photographs will not be allowed in the Hall. Graduands are, therefore, advised in their own interest to complete such activity in good time before coming into the Hall, or wait until after the Ceremony. Any Graduand who leaves his/her seat will not be allowed to return to the Hall.
11. Lactating mothers are enjoined to sit on the gallery for their conveniences.
12. All photographs would be taken only by the University Officials Photographers in the Hall. In view of the above, any interested graduands may contact the University Official Photographers in the Directorate of Public Communication ground floor of the Alumni building for necessary collection of photographs they are interested in.
13. All Graduands and visitors are expected to stand when the Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when the National Anthem/University Anthem are sung or played. Graduands are requested to please be orderly and wait till the end of the Ceremony.
14. All Graduands are expected to pay the levies as stipulated whether or not they hire the academic outfits.
All cell phones should be put in the (flight) mode throughout the ceremony